Monday, October 25, 2010

Work to do....




 
I understand that the concept of mindfulness is to stay continuously in the present moment and not allow your mind to wander into the past or the future.   Since the future hasn't happened yet and the past is already gone by then all we really have is NOW. 
Mikao Usui provided his students with these wonderful ideals that they could use daily.  They are the building blocks for a healthy, enjoyable life.  Taking responsibility for our own healing, on the mental, physical, and spiritual levels allows Reiki to be a complete system. 

That makes sense to me.

Still, I am having trouble with a few things.

The hardest of the principles for me lately is the 'do not get angry' one.   I'm not really an 'angry' person by nature though, for as a Sagittarian, we generally all share a certain optimism about life and a cheery attitude a good bit of the time.   But lately, some anger, or maybe negativity is a more accurate word, has been creeping back in.  Reiki has certainly helped with some situations.  But others seem to return again and again and again.   It's frustrating at times to not be able to get at the true cause, the deeper meaning of things I allow myself to become upset about and not find closure with.
One for instance....
a situation happened a couple of years ago  (yes, yes, the PAST) with my inlaws and it was never completely resolved.  We have gone on with our lives and don't see each other all that often.  The dynamics of the relationship have changed and that in itself doesn't have to be good or bad.... just how it is.   But for some reason, I keep wanting things to be different.  I feel annoyed, or even sad, if I do have to see them but it's probably because I want things from them that they are not able to give me.  Respect, love, understanding.  
My MIL was never overly loving but she was much nicer to me before the incident.  My BIL is the same way.  
Recently, my daughter got married and they were in attendance.  Because they wouldn't approach me first, I went to them offering a hello and some brief conversation.  It was a bit awkward but I felt it was the best thing to do.  When I hugged my MIL at the end of the evening, I could feel her coldness.  And here it is over a week later, and I am still having some difficulty letting it all go.  I have allowed it to move me from my center....again.
 
A couple times I have tried sending Reiki to the situation but haven't done enough work on it I suppose or it wouldn't still continue to be an issue.
This is one of my biggest challenges right now.  Still, I am thankful for the opportunity to keep working on it. 
   
If you are practicing Reiki, which principles come easy to you, which ones need more work?   Is there any situation you have a hard time with each time you are faced with it?



2 comments:

Ron said...

Like you, the "do not get angry" principle is the one that I have the most challenge with.

The other ones, not so much.

Well...maybe the "be kind to others" because I AM kind, but not to EVERYone, all the time.

I have found that sometimes when I send Reiki to a challenging situation, the Reiki ends up being more for ME rather than the other person, because I know they have to see things differently in their own way, and in their own time. However, it always seems to help me SEE the challenge differently.

Great post, M!

X

Mary said...

The worry one ... need a bit of work on that now and then because of the grandkids! LOL Little Alex is very worldly for only 3 years old so how can his Mimi not get a little nervous at times. I don't remember if I told you, but one morning he got himself up and out of the house before my daughter woke up. He was off exploring. A neighbor brought him home.

I don't know why I haven't been working with Reiki more when I think of the inlaws or have to see them? I should have sent it ahead, to the wedding, so it would be there! I guess I've been blocking things about this for a long time. The first time I tried to just send it to the situation I got the feeling it was not being accepted and I had to break the connection.
I don't know if I still have to recognize and own things about our poor relationship that may be my fault or if I need to just move on, wish them love and peace, and try to be done with it.
Work in progress....