Friday, October 29, 2010

Chakra Meditation




I did this short chakra meditation this morning.  It was quite nice.

I have recently started doing an additional brief chakra balance on my husband before beginning Reiki.  He's had alot of pain in his right arm, possibly from a pinched nerve in his neck.  He started seeing our Chiropractor for some treatment this week but is accepting of Reiki too.  I think a bit of extra chakra harmonizing can't hurt.  The hand positions I'm working with are:  Left hand under neck and over, but not touching, the 1st chakra area.  Then left hand on forehead, and right hand on the 2nd chakra area.  Followed by the left hand over the 5th chakra and the right hand on the 3rd chakra.  And finally, both hands on the 4th chakra, heart center.  

Of course, in a standard Reiki treatment the 7 major chakras are focused on so that negative energy can be cleared to allow the whole body to experience harmony, but are you doing any extra chakra work, with yourself before Reiki, or while in meditation, or with a client?

Wishing you a happy weekend!

Namaste,
Mary  xo


2 comments:

Ron said...

I will come back later this weekend to watch the video you shared with us. Can't wait!

Yes, in fact, my Reiki sessions now only consist of placing my hands over the clients 7 chakras, rather than doing all the traditional positions taught in Reiki. The only time I will add extra hand positions, is if there is an special area of concern I feel drawn to.

Have a wonderful weekend, M!

X

Mary said...

I was looking for a couple short guided meditation type videos for when I don't have more time to really relax but need a little something.
And I just downloaded some cool music from iTunes too. I'll post a clip if I can find one on YouTube.

When did you make the change with hand positions? Were you getting better feedback when working only with the chakras?