Sunday, October 31, 2010

Tee Hee


A few of my friends are Reiki practitioners or atleast know what it is and have maybe enjoyed a few sessions.  There are others I know who might understand a few of the basics but don't seem interested in learning more or having a treatment.  And there are also some who have no idea at all that I'm involved with it.   I have a short description of Reiki on my FB page and I've also shared in the personal information section that I am Ordained with the Universal Life Church.   No one who didn't know from me telling them has commented or questioned me about either.   I'm not using the ordination for anything specifically at this time or trying to make anyone aware of it really but I just wonder sometimes if any of my FB friends/family have ever really read my bio.  I think if they had, I might have gotten a few messages asking about those things.   

Do you have things that you share with some friends/family but not others?   Would anyone you know be really shocked if you told them you were into Reiki, or any other practice you might be involved with, because you didn't ever feel you could talk to them about it?  When you meet someone new, do you try to work Reiki, or another modality you're practicing, into the conversation?    

Peace,   Mary   

2 comments:

Ron said...

HAHAHAHAHAHA! LOVE the cartoon!

A Reiki School I use to practice at had the same one on the wall!!

What always amazes me when I share with someone that I practice Reiki, is that they either know someone else who also practices it, or are Reiki practitioners themselves. When I first started practicing I felt hesitant to share it with others, because Reiki is so challenging to explain. But it seems that now more and more people are practicing it or at least have experienced it.

X

Mary said...

Sometimes I have to watch how enthusiastic I get about certain things that I'm interested in. I tend to want to talk tooooo much about those things! I have friends with very assorted interests so I have to honor that not everyone is into what I'm into. I should see if I can find a local group that is for Reiki practitioners specifically so I can find more of a balance with it.