Friday, November 5, 2010

Happy Diwali!



I enjoy learning about different countries and their cultures and religions.  Today is Diwali.  It is an official holiday in India and other countries.   Known also as the Festival of Lights,  you can read about it HERE if you like. 

Our home is decorated with a variety of things.  We have no particular theme.  In the living room above the mantle is a picture of Lord Krishna and his Consort Radha.   The colors are rich and beautiful.  And as you can see, I like candles!   Today, they are burning for Diwali but other days I light them for the scents that some of them give off, other times I like the glow if we're having company, and sometimes they are just for relaxing. 

Wishing you a beautiful evening!    Light and love,   Mary 




2 comments:

Ron said...

OMG, first I have to say....

BEAUTIFUL photo, M!

WOW...your mantle looks amazing! So peaceful, so warm, so relaxing! And I love the painting.

Don't candles create such a lovely ambiance?

And thank you for sharing about Diwali - I've never heard of that India holiday before. As soon as I finish commenting here, I will check out the link.

Have a wonderful weekend, my friend

X

Mary said...

I'm sure there are alot of people who have visited and us and not known what to think about the picture. Nevermind that the living room is lavender with a royal purple ceiling, but Hindu art... they don't know what to say. To each his own, right!? LOL